How to apply
Follow the below mentioned guidelines before submitting your application for attestation/apostille:
All original documents requiring attestation or apostille should be first authenticated by the designated agencies in the State from where the document has been issued.
Supporting documents required for MEA Attestation/Apostille
- In case of personal documents, Home Department/General Administration Department are the designated authorities.
- In case of educational documents, the documents should first be authenticated by the Education Department of the concerned State Government/Union Territory. The Ministry of External Affairs attests the documents on the basis of the signature of the designated signing authorities of the State Government/Union Territory/Chambers of Commerce; hence it does not take responsibility of the contents of the documents.
- Commercial Documents are to be pre-authenticated by the respective Chambers of Commerce before these can be attested by the Ministry of External Affairs.
- All original documents that needs to be attested / apostilled.
- Photo copy of the documents to be attested.
- Photocopy of the Passport of applicant.